9/17/12

Plans

The Poconos Half Iron is in two weeks.  I must admit I have not really memorized the course details. Is the bike two loops or one? What about the run? I couldn't tell ya. HOWEVER I am pretty psyched to have this race on the horizon. It should be a great way to wrap up the triathon season...  as long as all goes as planned.  Which it will. 

So - what else is happening? Not a lot. I love fall running and biking. I'm glad to have the triathlon training season wind down. I'm in need of doing something other than training on the weekends. Something like sewing, cooking, and visiting family members that I have missed terribly over the last couple of months.

I've been trying to find a local sewing class to refresh my expertise but I'll be damned if I could find that is one not geared to kids.  I think it's great that there are people out there who want to teach kids how to sew.  It's a social act and can be so rewarding and therapeutic. I just wish there were more classes for adults. I might have to go back to my Alma mater for a real class. That would be bizarre. In hind site I have had a recurring dream that I'm back in college. Maybe I am supposed to go back there.

After my half iron I have one more half marathon - the Newton Chili Half in November - then vacation - then the slow build up to Boston in April. I'm very excited to have signed up for a marathon. I don't really care if it's the right or wrong thing to do.  I just need to run a marathon. A good strong marathon. 

2013 will be the year of mixing things up for me. No Ironman. However I will be thinking about Ironman and probably wishing I was training for one. But that can wait until 2014.  I want to race short races in 2013 and keep training to a minimum. Life is short and I don't want to wake up one day and think - I missed out on too much because I had to get in my long ride. 

No comments:

Blog Archive