1/1/09

New Years Day Off

I am so pissed at myself today. Yesterday, we took off for Florida at 6:00 pm. We had not eaten dinner and decided that since we had a big lunch we would not really worry about having a real dinner. After all we had some nuts and popcorn to curb our appetite.

We arrive in Tamp and drive 1.5 hours to N. Venice in a van to find Maureen and Paul partying it up with their friends. Great! We needed to relax a little and unwind after the de-icing stress on the plane. We were Grateful to have made it out of the snow alive. :P

So it's new years eve and I am making a Cosmo. My second favorite drink. After the first one I decided I would have a second. It was, for some reason, like drinking juice. I didn't feel like I had drank too much after a couple of hours. I was very wrong! I awoke today to a miserable, nauseating feeling that took half of my day to recover from. Yes, I was severely hung over. Bad, bad, judgement on my part. Not enough food and too much alcohol. Plus, with my weight loss I am still not able to consume the way I used to. I'm, unfortunately a light weight of sorts.

Now, my workout is also ruined for the day. I had a 10 mile run planned (some at tempo pace). NOT a great way to start off new years. At least now I have a resolution. Never do that again!

4 comments:

GetBackJoJo said...

Don't be too hard on yourself! I did that after Worlds, and the next day I was hurting so badly. You won't do it again for a long while!

Ange said...

I can't count how many New Year's Days I've said that! It's ok. It was just a day. You lost a run and that's always hard for us but, it won't ruin your season. It's great to hear you had fun with your friends!! Happy New Year!

Jennifer Harrison said...

HA, I love reading your blog...perfect! NO worries, Melissa....January 1st is still early....! :)) Happy New Year!

maria conley said...

Hi Mel: Celebrating is fun specially if you have great friends around. But no worries, misssing one or two workouts will not put you out of service. Happy New Year 2009.

Blog Archive